Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Budapest to Krakow

Oh man. Our train ride from Budapest to Krakow. What a journey. This is where I have been writing the past two posts from. I think I started around 9:30pm and it is now 3am. So much for sleeping at all. Who needs sleep? Overrated, haha. When we first got on the train we ended up in a crochet with two other girls about our age. One was from Italy and the other originally from Ethiopia but had grown up in Norway from the age of 16. They were both studying medicine in Krakow and had gone to Budapest for a holiday. They were really nice and fun to talk to.

Once it started getting late we all went to bed and I started blogging. Not much later we stopped in Slavokia and two other boys came into our crochet. They were Slovakians, studying Japanese and on their way to Krakow for some conference in Japanese with 6 of their female friends - random. They came with alcohol and somehow Hilary and I ended up taking some shots of homemade Pear liquor. The night went on from there and now I am up with the boys and everyone else is asleep. Is anyone surprised by this? Probably not. All in all though the train ride ended up being much more eventful than I expected it to be. You'll need to ask for a story beyond this. It is now 7:30am and I'm pretty sure I slept a total of 20 minutes. Yay me. Off to bed now at our host's place.

PS - our host is a student at school here. He lives with 4 other boys. They are seriously the sweetest boys I've ever met. I love them. Might never leave!

1 comment:

  1. I took this train (even though everything I read and everyone I talked to said it was too dangerous...lots of robberies and gassings back then) and remember being woken up by really angry looking border guards from Slovakia waving M16s in our faces asking for our passports. Hopefully this happened as it was an interesting experience.

    ReplyDelete